Friday, February 1, 2013

Winter Links


Here are some of my favourite reads (and such) as of late:

These days I'm reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown.  Every other Monday, Alison and Becky and I get together over lunch to chat about the book (among other things).  Seriously, this book is rocking my world.



This post on marriage.  I so appreciated the honesty and practically of this post and message.  Bravo.





This post on jealousy and regret is a must-read.  A couple of lines that really got me were:  "Our jealousy teaches us so much, if we let it" and "I've found that the slower I go, the richer life feels".  Lots to think about, for sure, in this post.

Susan Caine does this fascinating talk on TED about introverts.  You can watch it here.   I spent most of my teens and twenties desperately trying to be an extrovert.  It's only been in the last ten or so years, that I have embraced the fact that I am indeed an introvert and am learning to honour my need for space, quiet and margin.  It feels so great to be finally leaning into this and viewing it as a strength and not a weakness.

This really cool liturgy is just in time for Lent.  Can I also say that I am super excited about the gluten-free pancakes I am making for Pancake Tuesday? :)

This post on raising brave kids has super challenged me.  I need to be braver.  Simple as that.

I'm participating in this year long scripture memory challenge....and it's not too late to join.

I loved this story about community.  Super fun!

Have a great weekend, friends!  Stay warm.

p.s. Have you chosen a word or a phrase for 2013?  I'm still in the process of narrowing mine down and figuring that out.  More on that to come :)