My family is all about nicknames. Let me clarify, I am all about nicknames. Always have been.
To me, it's a term of endearment.
It began with my siblings. Increased with time. I gave my youngest brother the most.
I continued this tradition with my girls.
Grace quickly became "my little muffin", "muffy", "Gracie","Gracey-dee","Gracer"," GJ".
For Eva, it was "my little cupcake", "cuppy", "Evie", "Ever the beaver", "Beebs".
And last but not least, Beth became "Bethie" and then, "Beps" after she began referring to herself as "Beppy".
These names don't even include the ones Steve has made up over the years.
My girls have even nicknamed their younger cousins.
Term of love and affection, right?
How do you feel about nicknames? Do you give them to the people that you love?
To me, it's a term of endearment.
It began with my siblings. Increased with time. I gave my youngest brother the most.
I continued this tradition with my girls.
Grace quickly became "my little muffin", "muffy", "Gracie","Gracey-dee","Gracer"," GJ".
For Eva, it was "my little cupcake", "cuppy", "Evie", "Ever the beaver", "Beebs".
And last but not least, Beth became "Bethie" and then, "Beps" after she began referring to herself as "Beppy".
These names don't even include the ones Steve has made up over the years.
My girls have even nicknamed their younger cousins.
Term of love and affection, right?
How do you feel about nicknames? Do you give them to the people that you love?