This past Friday night while everyone else was lined up to go and see Hunger Games, I dragged my husband along with me to see The Iron Lady. We may or may not have been the youngest people in the theatre. The Iron Lady is the story of Margaret Thatcher, the first and only female Prime Minister of Great Britain (from 1979-1990).
The history lover in me combined with my own british roots as well as fond memories of the year I spent in England as an 18/19 year old were all motivating factors to why I would want to see this particular movie.
While the movie was a wee bit slow and my husband fought drifting off to sleep at times, I personally found her story quite fascinating and inspiring. It also made me want to drink a cup of tea.
There was this one great line that I hope will stay with me for a long time. The price of admission was worth it for this quote alone:
The history lover in me combined with my own british roots as well as fond memories of the year I spent in England as an 18/19 year old were all motivating factors to why I would want to see this particular movie.
While the movie was a wee bit slow and my husband fought drifting off to sleep at times, I personally found her story quite fascinating and inspiring. It also made me want to drink a cup of tea.
There was this one great line that I hope will stay with me for a long time. The price of admission was worth it for this quote alone:
"Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become... habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny! What we think we become."
Margaret Thatcher