Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Links



Welcome to October.  Turns out I like fall way more than I remembered!

It's been ages since I've blogged, and I really have no excuse other than the fact that this fall has been all about me adjusting to and embracing a new reality.  More on that to come....still processing:)

Here are a few of my faves as of late:

Vision Night - This is one of many, many reasons why I love my local church.  Total high point of this fall.  Unforgettable.

This quote from this post pretty much sums up why I chose to blog in the first place:  "there will always be enough beauty, enough hope, enough good, if we decide to be people who are always on the lookout for it.  I want to use my voice to bring light and hope and beauty.  I want to search for what’s good, and shout about that."  Shauna Niequist

Something about this blog post made me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Maybe it was this quote:  "But mostly, home is...Feeling loved not despite my vulnerabilities and imperfection but because of them.  Always knowing there’s a place where I belong. No matter what. Never needing to shrink or play small when I’m proud of an accomplishment and never needing to puff up when I’m struggling."  Brene Brown

Out of my desire and prayer to use my time and energy well, I am going to give this a try.

I can't wait to read this book.  It's been ordered.  I even talked some friends into reading it with me :)

Lastly, this week I've been watching bits and pieces of the documentary on PBS entitled, Half the Sky.  Hard to put into words.  Gripping.  Devastating.  Empowering.  Inspiring.  It's a must watch.  Especially if you are a girl.  Or have daughters.  Or if you know a girl.  You'll also want to check out www.halftheskymovement.org.  I can't stop thinking about what I'm learning.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving!