Just for fun and because it's St. Patrick's day, I thought I would share some tips on how to make an amazing Irish coffee.
Last fall I was in Bush Mills, Northern Ireland for an unforgettable weekend with my Auntie Tish and my cousin Thomas and his most lovely wife, Barbara. On that weekend Thomas was determined to make me an Irish coffee. My sister, Leah and her husband, Craig had experienced one of his creations the year prior and raved about it. The only problem was that there was a festival of sorts on that particular weekend and the Distillery shop closed early for the day. I'm not even kidding when I tell you that Thomas asked them to open up the distillery for the Canadians (who was really just me - that's right one Canadian) who happened to be visiting and in need of a highly anticipated and previously promised Irish coffee. If you've ever been to Ireland, you'll know that of course they opened up the shop to sell him some whiskey.
So....I'll let you in on some family secrets...:)
 |
You must use the Single Malt Irish Whiskey made at the Bush Mills Distillery.
|
 |
| It's extremely important to steam the glass first - using boiling water. I'm told that this step is crucial :) |
 |
| First goes in the whiskey and then the coffee. |
 |
| Top it off with whipped cream that you prepared ahead of time. Let the heat of the coffee cause it to glide off the spoon. |
 |
| The Finished Product. |
 |
| Cheers! |