Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Just for fun.

This post is pure fun. So if you're in the mood for something deeper and more thought provoking, you might want to take a pass on this one.

In the spirit of celebrating what is good and beautiful, I was inspired by a recent conversation with some friends about my favourite spots to eat in Niagara.



Ribs from Memphis Fire


Dinner at Lake House


With some help from Steve, here's what I came up with:

Favourite coffee shopConversations Cafe. Hands down best lattes. Plus my friend Deb owns the place and she rocks.

Favourite bakery: De La Terre. The brownies are to die for. For real.

Favourite breakfast spots: Super hard to narrow it down. So - I created some categories :)

Best location and atmosphere - Butterballs in the Jordan hollow.
Best food and ambiance - On the Twenty in Jordan Village.
Best (and only that I've ever tried!) breakfast poutine - Cosmos in Thorold on Front St.
Best new spot (with great home fries) - Bistro 41 in Vineland on Victoria Ave.

Favourite chip wagonMJ's Own Munchies. They even give you free fries on your birthday!

Favourite spots for dinner: The Lake House and The Old Winery.

Favourite atmosphereThe Keg.

Favourite Fish and Chips: The Irish Harp Pub.

Best valueCats Caboose. You can't beat the $8 lunch menu.

Favourite BBQMemphis Fire. Worth the drive. So fun. Reasonable too. Kid-friendly. Amazing food! Try a milkshake too :)

Favourite ice cream spotAvondale Dairy Bar. I always get soft yogurt ice cream with whatever fresh fruit is in season. Delish.

Favourite food truckEl Gastronomo. Love the fish tacos.

I gotta brag for a second and say that I'm also dying to check out Ravine Vineyard restaurant in St. David's as my brother, Drew (a.k.a. "the chef" to us) just got hired.

All this talk about food is making me super hungry!