Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer in photos (so far)


"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." 
- Albert Camus

As always, the first week of summer holidays was an adjustment for the girls and I. We loved the loose structure and no lunches to make, but there was the "I'm bored", the whining and the fighting to get out of our system...
Now that we're a month in, we are in a good groove. So good that I want to press pause. I don't know about you, but from where I stand, summer is going by waaaay to fast. And, can August please be HOT?!

These days bedtimes are getting later and later, mornings are lazy, afternoons are often poolside and evenings are by the soccer field or baseball diamond.



Throw in there some berry picking, jumbo freezies, bike rides, girls off to camp, campfires, BBQ and homemade ice cream and all is good;) 


Our dear friends, the Thompsons arrived home from a year in Australia. All is right in the world again. To say that my girls were excited about their arrival would be the understatement of the year! Here are some photos of them getting ready to welcome home the Thompsons.




    I love Fridays because it means CSA.


   This girl received a bike seat for her doll, Bridget and now they ride around town like this. LOVE.


    Once and a while I remember that I live close to water and I feel the pull to drive my car down to the lake. There I breathe deeply, take a sigh of relief and remind myself that I'm not God and He is.



I went to a wedding and had the cutest date.


I love the structure of the school year with appointments and school and such, but there is something free and even necessary about breaking from all of that for the summer. It's good for my soul and yours to embrace each season.

Lastly I came across this recipe and they are amazing :)