Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fall Goals

On Sunday afternoon, we arrived home from a fantastic week of camping.  It was wonderful to be away and wonderful to be back home too.  Just the way it schould be.

The evenings cooled right down while we were camping and it felt great to snuggle in close by the campfire and wear cozy flannels to bed.  I have loved this summer and been intentional about savouring it, but something about camping got me thinking about and gearing up for fall.

Over breakfast on Monday morning, my friend Alison and I got to chatting about fall goals.  Our conversation made me want to commit to writing down some goals in a way that makes me take them seriously.  I'm the type that if I don't set goals and write them down, they just don't happen.  I always like to throw a few easy-to-attain goals in the mix.  That way I feel an immediate sense of accomplishment, but that's just me:)


Here are a few of mine.  They are in no specific order.

  • Take a photography course.
  • Back up all of my current photos.
  • Meditate on and maybe even memorize Isaiah 58
  • Get in shape.  Walk regularly.
  • Organize my spice cupboard.
  • Improve posture (this one is for you, Leah)
  • Buy a pair of coloured jeans :)
  • Silent retreat for a day.
  • Family bike ride along the canal path.
  • Work on and improve my listening skills
  • Mail a letter to Sonia, our sponser child through World Vision
  • Sew blinds for my family room (thank you in advance, Emma!)
  • Finish off our new mudroom that we began in the Spring.
  • Embrace conflict and differences of opinion.
  • Ask really great questions.
  • Critical thinking without being critical.
  • Try out some gluten-free recipes for cookies, muffins and so on.  Since I have gone gluten-free this past spring, I have deprived my family of all things baking.  



Enough about me.  How about you?  What are your fall goals?  Post a list of attach a link.  I'd love to read them!