Thursday, August 30, 2012

Soaking Up Summer - Part Three (the final installment)

I'm in the home stretch now as far as summer goes.  Totally gearing up for all things school related.  Consider this the last installment of soaking up summer.

Here are are few more ways that we soaked up summer in 2012:


This photo is an old photo (from July Long weekend).  I came across it recently and remembered how much I liked it.  This was also back in the early days of summer when I still blow dryed my hair!

Camping:
Campfires, smores and pie-irons.  

Beach Time.


All things breakfast.

Sleepovers.

This summer, Beth is in the process of learning to ride a two-wheeler:)


Watching the sunset.  One of my favourite parts of camping.




I love the annual traditon I am a part of - a day of canning peaches with 3 lovely friends.  What a great day of hard work and fantastic conversation.  I look forward to it every year!



Watching Steve re-live his youth at the pool.


One of our absolute hightlights this summer was that Beth became a swimmer!  She passed her "deep end" swim test at our local pool in July and has been going strong ever since.  We are super proud of her and she is delighted with herself.


At Safari Niagara last week, Grace and Eva fed a giraffe:)


No question, we've loved summer!

Now.....we're ready for September:)