The month of June is a crazy. Everything is wrapping up and Mom's like me are breathing deep and gearing up for summer holidays, which means having kids home 24/7. Amazing and intense all at the same time.
My summer will hopefully consist of:
For the next two months, I likely will not have time to read much of anything on the Internet. Instead, I have a stack of books that I hope to be reading here and there by the pool, beach and so on.
But here are a few things as of late that I have loved and appreciated online during the month of June:
This letter to young moms. I loved this. So true.
Change the Story. Love the thought of telling a new story.
As an introvert, I resonated with this post by Donald Miller (this one's great too).
My creative sister explains how to make home made deodorant. As someone who loves natural products, I so want to make this. Or maybe I'll just see if I can talk her into making me some :)
I listened to this podcast on leadership as I was cleaning my house and thought it was great.
Lastly, this one by Jen Hatmaker. Steve and I literally laughed out loud when we read it.
Enjoy and savour the last weeks of June.
C.
My summer will hopefully consist of:
- embracing the mess, chaos and the noise of having 3 kids home.
- wearing a pony tail with my bangs pinned back for most of the summer - no time to blow dry hair.
- purchasing a membership to our local pool.
- not having to wrestle with my kids to make their school lunches :)
- lazy mornings.
- keeping fighting and whining to a minimum (hopefully!).
- being spontaneous.
- living in the moment.
- Mystery Wednesdays - new this summer (snatched idea from this post)
For the next two months, I likely will not have time to read much of anything on the Internet. Instead, I have a stack of books that I hope to be reading here and there by the pool, beach and so on.
But here are a few things as of late that I have loved and appreciated online during the month of June:
This letter to young moms. I loved this. So true.
Change the Story. Love the thought of telling a new story.
As an introvert, I resonated with this post by Donald Miller (this one's great too).
My creative sister explains how to make home made deodorant. As someone who loves natural products, I so want to make this. Or maybe I'll just see if I can talk her into making me some :)
I listened to this podcast on leadership as I was cleaning my house and thought it was great.
Lastly, this one by Jen Hatmaker. Steve and I literally laughed out loud when we read it.
Enjoy and savour the last weeks of June.
C.