Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Why blog?




Earlier this month, a friend asked me why it is that I blog?  It may have even been something along the lines of "what is the value in blogging?"

Really great question and it left me pondering.

I like questions that make me think hard.  The kind of questions that create more questions than answers.

Anyways, as I have thought and wrested about it - it became obvious.

The reason I blog is because I have to write.

I love to write.  Always have.

I like putting words together.

I need a creative outlet.

Even more specifically, I'm learning and realizing that I need to write.  It's part of the way God has wired me and part of living a wholehearted life, for me, means writing in some form.

I want to be a voice for love and goodness.

That's where blogging comes in.

So, as much it's fun for me to share thoughts and recipes and photos and so on with you, this journey actually has less to do with you and more to do with me.  It has more to do with me developing my unique voice and finding the courage, bit by bit, to put myself out there and write.  It's more about me strengthening some muscles that have grown weak and been put on the back burner for years.

Kind of uncomfortable.  But I feel alive and I like it.  It's helping me grow in vulnerability too.  Keeps me intentional about life in general.

Can anyone relate? Is there something creative in your life that you feel rising up in you?  Anyone ever felt this way about an area of art or creativity?  I'd love to hear!