Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Brad Paisley. No biggie.

Around the time that I was pregnant with Grace, Steve and I simultaneously turned into country fans.  It was gradual to begin with and now it's pretty much all we listen to.

Earlier this year, I asked Steve if there was anyone artists he would ever want to see in concert.  Casually, like only he can, he said, "sure - maybe Brad Paisley".

I chalked down that information and when it came time to planning something for our anniversary, I talked him into concert tickets.  I bought us super cheap tickets in the front row of the 400's.  The outdoor concert was last Friday.  Warm summer night.  Vibrant purple and pink sky at sunset.  We were thrilled with our seats.  The atmosphere was hilarious, in the best possible way.  We felt a bit lost without a pick up truck, cowboy hat and boots - but whatever.

Halfway through Brad's (we're now on a first name basis) performance, we noticed a security guard walk by us with 2 guitars and put them on a little tiny stage by the sound booth, in front of us.  Steve wondered out loud if Brad was going to come and perform there.  I was like, "really, you think?"  A couple of minutes later, a microphone was put up.  By now, we're getting excited.  Next thing you know, he's walking in front of us heading up to the little stage.  I yelled for Steve to pass me his iPhone and before he could blink, I was off with every 19 year old girl in my section.  He sang 3 songs.  I videotaped 2 of them.  The beginning of the video is a bit shaky (honestly, can you blame me!) but the rest is amazing!