Friday, May 18, 2012

Here for a good time

Last Thanksgiving we were camping with some dear friends.  It was unreal because the weather was unusually warm for that time of year.  We spent our afternoons relaxing on the beach, reading, throwing a football and the kids even swam in Lake Erie.

On the last afternoon, two of the families had already packed up.  It was just Perry, Dee, Steve and I and our girls and we were lounging on the beach.  None of us wanted to leave.  We were hanging onto every second of that beach day.  The kids were playing happily and somehow the adults got to talking about books.  I was in the midst of reading The Power of a Whisper by Bill Hybels.  Perry and I were talking about the part in the book where Hybels challenges his readers to choose and live out a life verse.   Naturally, I posed the question, "do you guys have a life verse?  If so, what is it?'

Before any of the adults could even answer, Eva (my-at-the-time-9-almost-10-year-old) who was playing close by in the sand piped up.  Without missing a beat, she said something like, "you know we're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time - so, I want to make it good"  at which point we adults started roaring with laughter realizing that maybe, just maybe Eva has been listening to a little too much country music....ha!  I love that girl!





Just for the record, my life verses are:

  • Jeremiah 17:7,8
  • 2 Timothy 1:7
  • Micah 6:8
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:21
  • but all that is for another post:)


One last thing,  I thought it would be fun to do a giveaway!


To qualify, all you have to do is be a new subscriber via email to my blog between now and Friday, May 25th.  On Friday at 6 p.m. I will use random.org and pick a winner and contact them.  Best of luck.  You can find the spot to subscribe via email at the top right corner of my blog.

Happy Long Weekend Friends!