Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekend Links


It's the weekend and the weather is perfection.  The warmth of the sun on my face is golden.  I'm soaking in the sounds and smells of spring.   Every time I go on my back deck, I savour the scent of my neighbours lilacs.  And it's heavenly.

Hope you all have a great Mothers Day weekend and are able to deeply celebrate and honour the influential women in your life; both past and present.

If you are looking for some good reading/listening material this weekend,  here are a few of my favourites from this past week:

A Little Beauty Goes a Long Way by Simple Mom.  I really loved and resonated with this post.  The only thing I would add to her list would be fresh flowers:)

Podcast by Michael Hyatt: The Secret Power of Naps.  Since being pregnant and having babies, I have become a big believer in naps.  Even nowadays, I will take a 20-30 minute nap 2 or 3 times a week.  This is something my Mom always did when she was raising her family and she encouraged me to do the same.  I loved listening to this podcast and am committed to napping more than ever!

A Commencement Speech by Shauna Niequist.  Simply fantastic.  I especially loved the part about living life with curiosoty, a lifelong love for learning and a willingness to be wrong.  If you read nothing else this week, read this.

Every Mother Matters by Lynne Hybels.  This post was a lovely reminder about living beyond ourselves.

How about you?  What has inspired you this week?

p.s.  Hand Made Market.  If you live in Niagara and have some free time this weekend, this is so worth checking out.  Everything about it is amazing.  The food, wine, the various forms of art, artisans, location, atmosphere.  Really great.