Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to my favourite nine year old!

Here are nine reasons why I love being Eva's Mom.  I need to warn you that for a moment I am going to shamelessly brag about my girl :-)

1.  She wakes up happy every day.  Always has.
2.  She is super affectionate and expressive
3.  She is a peace maker.
4.  She is funny.  Really funny.
5.  She can make friends with anyone.  Quickly.
6.  She is super cute when she is sleeping, especially with those long eye lashes and all.
7.  She is extremely generous.  She loves to give.
8.  She wears her heart on her sleeve.  I always know what she is thinking and how she feels.
9.  She sings like an angel.


She is also super creative and has such a freedom about her that I admire....a freedom to be who God made her to be. Her name, Eva means "gift of life" or "life giving".  We had no idea when we chose her name just how fitting it would be for her.

I can't believe Eva is nine today!   It honestly feels like yesterday she was born.

Here's some of my favourite photos from the last few months that capture her "spirit"

at the beach - why just build sand castles, when you can go underground?
Great attitude about her eye surgery in September 2010
This girl loves being outdoors and loves getting dirty!
It's way more fun to read a book when you are dressed up as Jasmine
she loves her Archie comics
"Weblina"
Hallowe'en 2010

Happy Birthday, girl!  We are crazy about you :-)