These days I am loving reading to my four year old at bedtime. (I'm embarrassed to say that that hasn't always been the case...sometimes I feel like I have nothing left by the end of the day!).
Over the last little while, I have heard raving reviews about the Jesus Storybook Bible. I had been looking for a bible for Beth and am so glad I got my hands on this one. It has really revived our bedtime routine. Yay!
| It's beautifully written. |
| I love the illustrations. |
| So bright and colourful! |
I had really wanted something for Beth to help her really understand the central message of scripture, and to read with her at bedtime.
Here's how the Storybook Bible is described on the website:
Written for children ages four and up, The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the one story underneath all the stories of the Bible and points to the birth of a child, the Rescuer, Jesus. Complete with 44 Bible stories, The Jesus Storybook Bible paints a beautiful portrait of Jesus and invites children to see that he is not only at the center of God’s great story of redemption—he is at the center of their story too. Children and adults alike will be captivated by the beautifully written narrative and the original and unique illustrations by accomplished artist Jago. Lloyd-Jones’ powerful gift of storytelling draws the reader into the greatest adventure of all time in an exciting page-turner that kids (and adults) find hard to put down.
Sally Lloyd-Jones is a leading writer of inspirational books for children and is an expert at conveying biblical truth to young children. She is the author of three bestselling children’s Bibles, including the Gold Book Award-winning Baby’s First Bible and, most recently, the Moonbeam Award Winner The Jesus Storybook Bible. She has written many picture books for children, including Handbag Friends, Time to Say Goodnight, and the critically acclaimed How to Be a Baby: By Me, the Big Sister.
To be entered in the draw, just leave a comment with your name below. Let me know who you would love to read/give this book to :)
You have until next Friday, December 9th, at midnight, to enter, and you can only enter once. The winners will be chosen randomly. I'll announce the winners the next day, so be sure to check back then.
I'll post the two winners on Saturday December 10th.
Best of luck!
