If you had a word to describe this season in your life, what would it be?
For me, these days, my word is uncomfortable. Not bad, just uncomfortable. It's the land where I've been living, so it seems.
1. It's having hard conversations. Initiating conversations that are difficult (at least for me). It's stepping through fear. Pursuing peace. Speaking the truth in love. Hard work. Worthwhile and so rewarding. Always much easier to say that on the other side.
2. It's giving up control. A friend reminded me recently over a cup of tea that when we control something, it dies.
3. It's being okay with having different opinions and maybe even beliefs and convictions than others. It's knowing that I don't have all the answers. And often have more questions than answers. It's also coming to the realization that to admit weakness and need is actually a sign of courage and stength.
4. It's transitioning from being a stay-at-home Mom to being a flexible-work-really-part-time-Mom. It's requiring better time management from me and saying no to some things so that I can say yes to new things. It's a season of change. It's exciting and scary at the same time. I feel vunlerable and nervous learning new things. I feel stretched and challenged and afraid of failure all at the same time. It's a new and scary space for me, but I like it. I feel so alive. I'm embracing the newness of this season. I'm walking through the fear, believing that there are good challenges to be learned and great things around the corner. I'm realizing that being comfortable is not really the goal. It's in the uncomfortable places that change, deep growth and new life happens.
5. It's change as far as our church location goes. We are in the midst of launching a new site in my community. So exciting and yet, I know that it means saying goodbye so I can embrace the new. It's not at all lost on me that this transition is happening during the season of lent; a season of dying and new life.
It's a weird place to be. Not at all awful. But not entirely comfortable either. Taking things one step at a time. Doing the next task God puts in front of me each day and trusting Him with the results. Walking through the fear and discovering that the things that I thought scared me are not that big after all.
I'ts funny, I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago and never got around to publishing it. All of these things I wrote about are true, but already a few weeks later I'm not feeling so uncomfortable. Or maybe I'm just okay with being and feeling uncomfortable. Maybe it's the new norm:)
For me, these days, my word is uncomfortable. Not bad, just uncomfortable. It's the land where I've been living, so it seems.
1. It's having hard conversations. Initiating conversations that are difficult (at least for me). It's stepping through fear. Pursuing peace. Speaking the truth in love. Hard work. Worthwhile and so rewarding. Always much easier to say that on the other side.
2. It's giving up control. A friend reminded me recently over a cup of tea that when we control something, it dies.
3. It's being okay with having different opinions and maybe even beliefs and convictions than others. It's knowing that I don't have all the answers. And often have more questions than answers. It's also coming to the realization that to admit weakness and need is actually a sign of courage and stength.
4. It's transitioning from being a stay-at-home Mom to being a flexible-work-really-part-time-Mom. It's requiring better time management from me and saying no to some things so that I can say yes to new things. It's a season of change. It's exciting and scary at the same time. I feel vunlerable and nervous learning new things. I feel stretched and challenged and afraid of failure all at the same time. It's a new and scary space for me, but I like it. I feel so alive. I'm embracing the newness of this season. I'm walking through the fear, believing that there are good challenges to be learned and great things around the corner. I'm realizing that being comfortable is not really the goal. It's in the uncomfortable places that change, deep growth and new life happens.
5. It's change as far as our church location goes. We are in the midst of launching a new site in my community. So exciting and yet, I know that it means saying goodbye so I can embrace the new. It's not at all lost on me that this transition is happening during the season of lent; a season of dying and new life.
It's a weird place to be. Not at all awful. But not entirely comfortable either. Taking things one step at a time. Doing the next task God puts in front of me each day and trusting Him with the results. Walking through the fear and discovering that the things that I thought scared me are not that big after all.
I'ts funny, I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago and never got around to publishing it. All of these things I wrote about are true, but already a few weeks later I'm not feeling so uncomfortable. Or maybe I'm just okay with being and feeling uncomfortable. Maybe it's the new norm:)