As you know, I loved summer.
And now, I am loving the routine of back to school. This is my first school year ever where all three girls are in school all day. Wow. It's kind of surreal.
When my girls were wee, I couldn't even imagine what this would look or feel like.
I can hardly put into words what I am feeling this week, but here are a few main themes:
Honestly, most of the time, I feel giddy. Ecstatic. It feels great. I'm not going to lie. I know things could change for me in an instant, but for today and for this week, I am breathing deeply and loving the month of September:)
I have to say, our girls attend a fantastic school with great kids and teachers. That makes a big difference. No question.
Here they are on the first day:
Here's Beth on the second day. Honestly, she is so cute I can hardly stand it. At moments like this, I don't ever want her to grow up. I call this her "sporty spice" look:)
In other news, we are 4 for 4 in making school lunches the night before. That's right, the girls are making their lunches the night before. All I can say is that this simple change has been life altering and I can't believe we didn't do this sooner. No tears. No stress. No yelling. Mornings have been redeemed.
How has the first week of school been for you?
And now, I am loving the routine of back to school. This is my first school year ever where all three girls are in school all day. Wow. It's kind of surreal.
When my girls were wee, I couldn't even imagine what this would look or feel like.
I can hardly put into words what I am feeling this week, but here are a few main themes:
- Shock. How did this happen so fast? Seriously, weren't they all just in diapers?
- Scattered. I don't even know where to begin or what to do first.
- Breathing deeply. Feels amazing.
- Margin. It feels so great to have margin in my day and in my calendar.
Honestly, most of the time, I feel giddy. Ecstatic. It feels great. I'm not going to lie. I know things could change for me in an instant, but for today and for this week, I am breathing deeply and loving the month of September:)
I have to say, our girls attend a fantastic school with great kids and teachers. That makes a big difference. No question.
Here they are on the first day:
Here's Beth on the second day. Honestly, she is so cute I can hardly stand it. At moments like this, I don't ever want her to grow up. I call this her "sporty spice" look:)
In other news, we are 4 for 4 in making school lunches the night before. That's right, the girls are making their lunches the night before. All I can say is that this simple change has been life altering and I can't believe we didn't do this sooner. No tears. No stress. No yelling. Mornings have been redeemed.
How has the first week of school been for you?


