In no particular order, my 3 words for 2013 are......
Of course it would be far too easy to just keep it simple and pick one word. Instead I had to choose three and even that process took me 2 months. Anyhow, here goes:
1. Mercy (triumphs over judgement). Maybe it's because I watched Les Mis at the Theatre in January, but more likely it is because I need to grow in mercy.....toward others and toward myself.
2. Leaning (into strengths). I want to spend more time this year embracing and leaning into my strengths. Less time comparing myself to others. Less time worrying about my limitations. More leaning.
3. Safety. This word is meant primarily for my marriage. I'll try to explain. This year I am all about growing trust and safety into my marriage. I want to be for my husband and not against him. I want us to be a team. I want to make sure we are an "us" and even more importantly, I want him to know it and feel it. Safety.
How about you? Did you pick a word (or in my case, words) to sum up your dreams, prayers and hopes for 2013?
Of course it would be far too easy to just keep it simple and pick one word. Instead I had to choose three and even that process took me 2 months. Anyhow, here goes:
1. Mercy (triumphs over judgement). Maybe it's because I watched Les Mis at the Theatre in January, but more likely it is because I need to grow in mercy.....toward others and toward myself.
2. Leaning (into strengths). I want to spend more time this year embracing and leaning into my strengths. Less time comparing myself to others. Less time worrying about my limitations. More leaning.
3. Safety. This word is meant primarily for my marriage. I'll try to explain. This year I am all about growing trust and safety into my marriage. I want to be for my husband and not against him. I want us to be a team. I want to make sure we are an "us" and even more importantly, I want him to know it and feel it. Safety.
How about you? Did you pick a word (or in my case, words) to sum up your dreams, prayers and hopes for 2013?