Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Press. Pause. Please.

This little girl turned 6 today.  That's right - six.


I can't even believe it.

It's hard to believe that up until six years ago, there were only four of us in this family.

Words scarcely express how much this wee girl has changed and blessed our family.  Honestly, there are not enough words.  She has made our lives richer and fuller (louder too!).  She has multiplied the drama in our home.  She has wrapped all of us around her little finger.  Her very existence has helped her big sisters, who were five-and-a-half and eight when she was born, hang on a little bit longer to their own childhoods as they live vicariously through her.  For goodness sake, her sisters run her birthday parties, help her with her homework, babysit her, plan her Hallowe'en costumes and play school with her.  At this very moment, Eva is making her birthday pancakes.  Really, the list is endless...

Today I am celebrating the past six years and desperately wanting to press pause on the next six.  How I wish I could make time slooooooow down.

Happy Birthday Beth!  We can't imagine our family without you!  You are so loved xoxo.