A while back, my friend Laura introduced me to the Enneagram.
(photos taken from enneagraminstitute.com)
I'm not at all exaggerating when I say, that as of late, I have been a bit obsessed with the Enneagram. It's super fascinating and such a helpful tool. It's helped me make sense of so much about myself. Learning about the Enneagram has been extremely insightful and is empowering me to live in a healthier way. Quite a game changer, if I do say so. I'm still reading and learning lots about it. So much still to learn and absorb.
I love this kind of thing; Myers-Briggs, SDI and so on. I am fascinated by self-awareness tools.
THIS blog post and THIS one do an AMAZING job of explaining and summarizing the Enneagram and describing each of the 9 types.
Prepare to be all consumed :)
I am a One. What number are you?
p.s. This is the book I'm currently reading :


| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
(photos taken from enneagraminstitute.com)
Don Riso has defined the Enneagram as "a geometric figure that delineates the nine basic personality types of human nature and their complex interrelationships." While the Enneagram suggests that there are nine basic personality types of human nature, there are, of course, many subtypes and variations within the nine fundamental categories. Nevertheless, the assertion of Enneagram theory is that these nine adequately map out the territory of "personality types."
The Enneagram is also a symbol that maps out the ways in which the nine types are related to each other. This is the aspect of the Enneagram most people are familiar with because it offers them a framework for understanding themselves and everyone they deal with. As a psychospiritual typology, the Enneagram helps people to recognize and understand an overall pattern in human behavior. External behaviors, underlying attitudes, one''s characteristic sense of self, conscious and unconscious motivations, emotional reactions, defense mechanisms, object relations, what we pay attention to, our spiritual potentials and much more—are all parts of a complex pattern that forms each personality type. Therapists, business counselors, human resource directors, and spiritual seekers from around the world are all finding the Enneagram to be immensely useful for self-understanding and personal growth. Always remember however, that the Enneagram does not put you in a box it shows you the box you are in and the way out!
(this excerpt was taken from enneagraminstitute.com)
(this excerpt was taken from enneagraminstitute.com)
"A tiny bit of background: the Enneagram is an ancient Catholic way of classiflying personality types, and the word means “nine types.” It’s been used in monasteries for centuries, and lots of the best writing & training about it comes from the Catholic tradition.
There are quizzes, but frankly, I really recommend people don’t use them. I think the best thing to do is to read through each type description and find the one that resonates most deeply with you. That’s a quick, easy process for some people and some types, and a longer, more difficult process for others. And I totally recommend talking through it with people who know you well. " - quoted from this blog.
There are quizzes, but frankly, I really recommend people don’t use them. I think the best thing to do is to read through each type description and find the one that resonates most deeply with you. That’s a quick, easy process for some people and some types, and a longer, more difficult process for others. And I totally recommend talking through it with people who know you well. " - quoted from this blog.
THIS blog post and THIS one do an AMAZING job of explaining and summarizing the Enneagram and describing each of the 9 types.
Prepare to be all consumed :)
I am a One. What number are you?
p.s. This is the book I'm currently reading :
p.s.s. Some helpful links:
www.enneagraminstitute.com
www.9types.com
www.enneagraminstitute.com
www.9types.com