This morning I dropped Grace off at southridge.cc to take the bus with her youth group to Canada's Wonderland. She looked cute as a button and I couldn't help but think that she reminded me of myself at that age. I felt like I was looking in the mirror. In other news, I've officially hit that stage where my kids have a better social life than I do.
This afternoon, it feels good to be still for a moment and I am thankful for the gift of this weekend and the unhurried nature of this particular one.
On this Saturday afternoon, I am reminded of a few things I am thankful for.
1. Tim Hortons Coffee. Last night I stayed up way too late reading 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett and today I am paying for it. Guess that what happens when you get lost in a great book. Not complaining. Well, kind of, but not really.
2. My sister, Leah passed on to me on a pair of yoga pants that didn't fit her and I am in love with them. Seriously, they are the comfiest thing I have ever worn. Why did I not get a pair of these years ago?
4. Yesterday I noticed that fresh, local strawberries are now for sale in Niagara. My mind is racing, thinking about all of the things I can make with strawberries. Not to mention eating them for the pure joy of it. I can't wait to take my kids strawberry picking this month.
5. Taking this wee girl to her first soccer practice and game. Total cuteness. Too bad the weather cut the game short.
6. In our house, a rainy Saturday afternoon means a nap : )
So, there you have it. Sure, there's lots I could whine and complain about - but that's too easy. Instead, I'm going to invest my energy in being thankful.
How about you? What are you thankful for today?
This afternoon, it feels good to be still for a moment and I am thankful for the gift of this weekend and the unhurried nature of this particular one.
On this Saturday afternoon, I am reminded of a few things I am thankful for.
1. Tim Hortons Coffee. Last night I stayed up way too late reading 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett and today I am paying for it. Guess that what happens when you get lost in a great book. Not complaining. Well, kind of, but not really.
2. My sister, Leah passed on to me on a pair of yoga pants that didn't fit her and I am in love with them. Seriously, they are the comfiest thing I have ever worn. Why did I not get a pair of these years ago?
3. The smell of lilacs. I wish lilacs were in season all year long. I just picked some from my front yard and they are now in a vase in my dining room. Total high point of the day. I'm in heaven. The smell is intoxicating.
4. Yesterday I noticed that fresh, local strawberries are now for sale in Niagara. My mind is racing, thinking about all of the things I can make with strawberries. Not to mention eating them for the pure joy of it. I can't wait to take my kids strawberry picking this month.
5. Taking this wee girl to her first soccer practice and game. Total cuteness. Too bad the weather cut the game short.
6. In our house, a rainy Saturday afternoon means a nap : )
So, there you have it. Sure, there's lots I could whine and complain about - but that's too easy. Instead, I'm going to invest my energy in being thankful.
How about you? What are you thankful for today?