It's the first week of June and I spent the better part of May 31st (which interestingly also happened to be our 14th wedding anniversary) setting goals for my summer. The truth is I work better when I have goals set before me. They keep me accountable and motivated. Left to my own devices, I am super lazy. As I was contemplating on and writing out my summer goals, one theme stood out clear. It became pretty obvious to me that the theme word for my summer is discipline.
Wow. That's a pretty daunting word.
Discipline to do what, you might ask?
Where do I begin? There are so many...
Among them include the discipline to set aside regular time to pray, listen and meditate upon scripture, discipline to trust when I feel like freaking out and being afraid, discipline to exercise more often and to train for a 10 km running race, discipline to make healthy food choices, discipline to stick to our budget and not overspend, discipline to guard my tongue and last but not least discipline to revive this blog and give it one more "kick at the can" to see if it's something I want to pursue.
So, there you have it. Maybe discipline isn't so scary after all. Maybe this will be the summer I really embrace it. Come to think of it, I'm pretty excited about these goals. Now, if I can just get moving :)
Before I sign off, I couldn't resist attaching some anniversary photos : )
Wow. That's a pretty daunting word.
Discipline to do what, you might ask?
Where do I begin? There are so many...
Among them include the discipline to set aside regular time to pray, listen and meditate upon scripture, discipline to trust when I feel like freaking out and being afraid, discipline to exercise more often and to train for a 10 km running race, discipline to make healthy food choices, discipline to stick to our budget and not overspend, discipline to guard my tongue and last but not least discipline to revive this blog and give it one more "kick at the can" to see if it's something I want to pursue.
So, there you have it. Maybe discipline isn't so scary after all. Maybe this will be the summer I really embrace it. Come to think of it, I'm pretty excited about these goals. Now, if I can just get moving :)
Before I sign off, I couldn't resist attaching some anniversary photos : )
| Here we are on the 31st out for dinner : ) |
| delish |
![]() |
| My handsome hubby- I love this man! |
