Wednesday, March 12, 2014

This and that. March Break 2014.

Yesterday felt like spring. Our windows were open. Birds were singing. The girls were playing with sidewalk chalk and bikes were out...


Today on the other hand is a snow storm. Plans are cancelled. It's a hot chocolate-and-tea-drinking kind of day... 

Crazy weather for March Break.

March came in like a lion, which means it should go out like a lamb, right? Here's to hoping!

Here's what I'm listening to on repeat these days:

Let it Go (from Frozen)

Oceans (Hillsong United)

Here are a few things I'm meditating on these days:

Matthew 11:28-30  “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (The Message)

1 Peter 5: 6-7 So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you. (The Message)

Here's what I'm reading as of late:
I met this author - Rachel Macy Stafford - at her book signing last week at Indigo in Burlington and instantly connected with her.  I'm in the early part of her book and LOVING it.

Eva and I are in a Mother-Daughter book club and our latest book is none other than Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Here we are reading it together (although you can barely see her). It's quite possible that I am enjoying the book more than her :)

And lastly, here's what I'm grateful for:

longer days and more sunlight (although you can't see the sun today!)
pussy willows in my vase
sleeping in and no school lunches to make for the week

Because I'm starting to run again and currently training for a 5 km (again), I couldn't resist sharing this post: http://www.sortacrunchy.net/sortacrunchy/2010/06/9-lessons-on-parenting-im-learning-from-running.html
     
Hope you're having a great week! Let's choose thankfulness and be on the lookout for beauty...because so often when we are on the lookout for beauty, we find it...