It's no secret that spring is my favourite season. It's true - I'm a spring girl through and through.
Here's the thing, I was so busy loving spring that I've completely neglected blogging. You can't really blame me seeing that this past winter was the LONGEST WINTER EVER.
I have a few blog posts in the works, but before I can post them I really should recap spring before I move on to summer, right?

2. A friend took a photo of us which is kinda fun since it's very rare that this happens (and Steve is actually showing teeth, which is equally as rare). Steve's also lost over thirty pounds through a huge commitment to running. I'm so proud of him. I don't think he's ever looked better!

3. Lavender oil. I'm using this essential oil every night before bed and sleeping great. I just add a few drops to my face moisturizer. I love the smell of lavender and the scent is so calming.
4. I loved this podcast because I could talk about (and learn about) the Enneagram ALL DAY LONG.
4. I loved this podcast because I could talk about (and learn about) the Enneagram ALL DAY LONG.
5. I'm participated in an online 21 day Pilate's challenge and loved it! You can still totally join, it's not too late! You can check it out here.
6. Blossoms.

7. Socks away - sandals and flip flops out :)
8. Windows open.
9. Our CSA began!
10. Lilacs.

11. We celebrated our 17th anniversary. Here we were 17 years ago.

And now.


12. We spent the month of May spring cleaning our house and getting rid of clutter. Clutter removal felt great. I feel much lighter and freer. It's so true that less is more.
6. Blossoms.
7. Socks away - sandals and flip flops out :)
8. Windows open.
9. Our CSA began!
10. Lilacs.

11. We celebrated our 17th anniversary. Here we were 17 years ago.

And now.


12. We spent the month of May spring cleaning our house and getting rid of clutter. Clutter removal felt great. I feel much lighter and freer. It's so true that less is more.
13. This poem. Makes me want to be about dropping keys.
The small woman
builds cages for everyone
She knows.
While the sage,
who has to duck her headwhile the moon is low,
keeps dropping keys
all night long
for the beautiful rowdy prisoners.
-Hafiz
14. A family picnic on Mothers' Day which included these two new nephews. LOVE.

16. This spring was packed full. And guess what? I've learned that I'm capable of way more than I thought possible. It felt good to be stretched and challenged. I'm learning that stress in and of itself is not bad - rather it's how we think about and respond to stress that can be unhealthy. Through taking an Emotional Intelligence Assessment with my friend Laurie, who is a Life Coach and through participating in Next Level Leadership (Module 3), I'm learning healthier ways to respond to times of stress and challenge. Ways like:
- breaking huge tasks into small bite size pieces and then celebrating and acknowledging the victory of each step accomplished.
- letting people in - asking for help.
- placing myself in environments where I can be transpart and share my journey.
This TED talk on making stress your friend is fascinating. Quite a game changer.
Also, these days I'm feeling scared to death and fully alive at the same time. I'm leaning into some pretty big fears. And choosing courage. I'm feeling very much in the arena and thinking about these wise words:

I love this quote by Brene Brown.

So that was spring in a nutshell - jam packed full of wonder, growth, challenge, new life and all around goodness.
