I'm not the biggest fan of fall.
I hate pumpkin spice lattes. I can't bear the thought of packing up sandals and flip flops. I dread the idea of the days getting shorter. It's always hard for me to let go of summer.
However, the colours are spectacular, I am looking forward to getting my boots out and I have my eye on a poncho for fall (adorbs). Plus, there is something about the back-to-school-routine that is quite heavenly.
As September comes to a close, a few things have stood put to me as favourites.
So just for fun and because I'm on the lookout for beauty and goodness, here we go.
September favourites:
I hate pumpkin spice lattes. I can't bear the thought of packing up sandals and flip flops. I dread the idea of the days getting shorter. It's always hard for me to let go of summer.
However, the colours are spectacular, I am looking forward to getting my boots out and I have my eye on a poncho for fall (adorbs). Plus, there is something about the back-to-school-routine that is quite heavenly.
As September comes to a close, a few things have stood put to me as favourites.
So just for fun and because I'm on the lookout for beauty and goodness, here we go.
September favourites:
- my girls playing basketball and riding bikes on our dead end street.
- Getting settled into our new home. After the craziness of the build, I am loving being in our house and now I have become a total homebody and never want to leave! It's aura is bright and simple. It whispers to me of a fresh beginning. There's very little clutter (I'm hoping to keep it that way!). It's an invitation to simplify and surround myself with that which gives me joy.
- My stove top coffee pot. It cost me $14.99 at Home Sense and now I make myself lattes every morning. So spoiled. I feel so European :)
- Birkenstocks. I know, I'm quite late to the game. I just got my first ever pair in May. Now there's no going back. LOVE. Here's a photo of Grace and I in NYC earlier this month. They were the only shoes we brought and we wore them non-stop. They were life savers. We walked everywhere!
- Chat Books. If you're on Instagram, this is a free app that you download and it turns your Instagram photos into books. Each book contains 60 photos. Get this - each book is only $8 (which includes shipping). I love it because it's an instant photo album (and truthfully, I'm terrible at making photo albums and scrapbooking and all that). If you decide to subscribe, use this code and you get your first book for free: 69GLLPNK
- I've started using Norwex enviro cloths to clean my bath tubs and shower and I'm in love. My sister-in-law Kristal is a distributor. Feel free to email her if you need anything: daveandkristal@gmail.com :)
- These pumpkin-nutella-cookie-bars are pretty much to die for.
- These days, I'm loving my new kitchen. It's easy to find my way around, it's way less cluttered and I'm baking more than ever. My family is in shock and hoping it lasts. On Monday, my friend Sandra brought these pumpkin muffins to the library while our kids were in their after school program and they were amazing. I'm pretty sure that the sprinkled brown sugar on top is the secret touch. They're so easy to make too!
4 eggs
2 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. pumpkin
3 c. flour
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups raisins or chocolate chips (I use chocolate chips - obviously!)
Beat eggs and sugar. Add oil and pumpkin. Beat thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Add in raisins or chocolate chips. Pour into muffin cups (2/3 full)
Sprinkle tops with brown sugar. Bake at 375 for 15 min or until toothpick interested comes out clean.




